Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) has become the most influential framework in assisting people to manage their distress. @pbs.help we are here to support those family and carers who do not get the PBS input they need.
PBS has a proven track record and a solid evidence base. PBS is the defacto model for working with challenging behaviour, behaviour that challenges those who care for the individual. However this has led to carers stating that they are using Positive Behaviour Support when in fact they are not working within the framework or are only achieving part of the process.
This is the main reason that it is important to have a qualified training provider, we have teamed with Family Support Project to deliver the high quality support you deserve.
1. Prevention and reduction of challenging behaviour occurs within the context of increased quality of life, inclusion, participation, and the defence and support of valued social roles
2. Constructional approaches to intervention design build stakeholder skills and opportunities and reject aversive and restrictive practices
3. Stakeholder participation informs, implements and validates assessment and intervention practices
4. An understanding that challenging behaviour develops to serve important functions for people
5. The primary use of constructional principles and procedures from behaviour analysis to assess and support behaviour change
6. The secondary use of other complementary, evidence-based approaches to support behaviour change at multiple levels of a system
7. A data-driven approach to decision making at every stage
8. Functional assessment to inform function-based intervention
9. Multicomponent interventions to change behaviour (proactively) and manage behaviour (reactively)
10. Implementation support, monitoring and evaluation of interventions over the long term
Delivering robust positive behaviour support training for those who support individuals and family members
Leading to bespoke individualised work if required. This would be overseen by a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst from the Family Support Project.